Case Study:

Client of PMCare Sdn Bhd

Our insurance partner, PM Care, brought Terramed onboard to broaden the scope of
a health promotion service they were offering one of their corporate clients. This
client manufactures various automotive components for multiple car brands and was
having difficulties with obesity amongst its factory staff, which is why they
approached PM Care for the development of a 3-month plan to target this issue.
While PM Care would offer workshops on nutrition and other health issues, Terramed
was tasked with organizing physical activities aimed at burning excess fat. By
adapting our Journey to Wellness modules, we tailored an exercise regiment
according to the wishes of the client.

Objectives and Measurement

The primary objective of the program was to reduce the percentage of body fat (PBF) among participants. Terramed recommended including the measurement of skeletal muscle mass (SMM) due its equal significance to body weight and composition. As a result, the body mass index (BMI) measurements, which served as the basis for analysis, could be better put into perspective by the losses/gains of the other two. Additionally, our hope was to cultivate intrinsic motivation for physical activity amongst the staff by highlighting their progress in more detail.

Modules

Program Results

After 3 months, it was determined that the program had produced significant benefits for 73% (16/22) of the participants. 14 of these showed a decrease in PBF and BMI, while 2 displayed similar BMI but increased SMM. The remaining 27% (6/22) of the employees did not show significant benefits from the program.

Overall, the program was received well by the participants and deemed a success by both PM Care and the client. As a result, the client has asked for another program to be implemented with more and longer individual training sessions. Furthermore, several staff have reportedly recognized the benefits of the program and generally incorporated more physical activity into their lifestyle.

Learn more about Terramed

For more information, or to engage Terramed for our Workplace Health Promotion programme, please contact our Business representatives through Email, Whatsapp or through our website.

Contact us

Call Us

Mobile: +60 12 771 9763
Office:   +60 3 5031 5946

Email Us

info@terramed.com.my

Our Location

Lot 20 & 21, Level Mezzanine, UOA Business Park, No. 1 Jalan Pengaturcara U1/51a, Seksyen U1, 40150 Shah Alam, Selangor

Get in touch